Thursday, October 23, 2014

So you wanna bushwack with a wing?

The west ridge of Mt. McGuire has a trail flagged out by a friend of mine about fifteen years ago and many parahiking trips have been made by the group known as "The People of the Elk". This route is efficient partly because one can drive up a logging road to 800 meters. It is also efficient in that it is a direct route with lots of steepness to get the heart pumping and the legs screaming! The first time I did this route was in 2013 and on that occasion, I flew all the way back to my home at Cultus Lake.


 Recently I completed the West Ridge route again (September 2014) and made this film.....I don't need to write anything else but you can ask questions if you'd like to comment.
https://vimeo.com/109783419

No comments:

Post a Comment